Sunday, June 12, 2011

Roast Chicken

I followed this epicurious recipe to roast my farmer's market chicken last night. It is simple, and I think it will become my favorite. I even learned how to truss a chicken!

My Favorite Simple Roast Chicken

A lot of the comments complained of smoky ovens and alarms going off, but I didn't have any problems at all. I cooked it in my french oven so maybe it was deep enough to contain any spitting and splattering. Also, people recommended adding potatoes while roasting. I had parsnips on hand and put them in the pot after about 30 minutes. Yum! It's never been so easy for me to eat parsnips. I will definitely add veggies again. And I didn't try the thyme or butter or mustard (I was in a hurry), maybe next time.

Convection oven: 425

No comments:

Post a Comment