Sunday, February 8, 2015
Friday, January 9, 2015
- 2-3 chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- Variety of vegetables; enough to fill the crockpot 3/4 full (I used broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and cabbage; could try sweet potatoes, carrots, other root vegetables)
- 3-4 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp dry ginger (or 4 Tbsp fresh, finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder (or 4-6 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 0z) coconut milk
Cut, chop, and prepare all your ingredients as described above and throw together in your crockpot. Turn crockpot on low for 6 hours, high for 3-4 hours. Stir on an hourly basis until fully cooked. You may desire to thicken further with additional flour or arrowroot powder or remove the lid during the last hour so some of the liquids can simmer off. Serve over bed of basmati rice.
If you want to make this ahead of time for the freezer, simply combine all the raw ingredients above and place in a freezer bag. Store in the freezer until you are ready to thaw and prepare in your crockpot on another occasion. Be aware that it may take longer to cook if you place the ingredients directly from freezer to crockpot.