Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beloved Cobb Salad

My CSA offers a fruit share and it is so wonderful- especially come mid-January in the frozen tundra. The fruit comes from organic farms in places that can grow more than melons, apples, and berries- mostly Florida, California, and Oregon. Pears, oranges, dates, figs, persimmons, pomegranates, grapefruit, mandarins, avocados. Lucky for me my csa partner doesn't like avocados (which I just can't understand. She spent a semester in Guatemala and had avocado everyday- her nightmare, my dream). I've been enjoying guacamole, and fried egg sandwiches with bacon, cheese, onion, and avocados and now...

Beloved Cobb Salad- as A- calls it
lettuce
tomatoes, diced
bacon, crumbled
1 chicken breast, cut in strips 
2 hard cooked eggs, diced
1 avocado, sliced
blue cheese, crumbled
chopped chives or onions

the dressing (makes about a cup):
1/8 cup water
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 lemon, freshly squeezed
3/4 t tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp. dry English mustard
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup full-flavored olive oil



No comments:

Post a Comment