Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thai noodle salad with peanut sauce

This is good way to use up one of those large bunches of cilantro hanging out in the frig. I started making this salad last summer and I just use whatever vegetables I have on hand. This last time I made it (in the winter), I steamed the vegetables b/c it just seemed right. I still ate it cold but you could try it warm too. You can't go wrong when peanut sauce is involved!

1 t minced ginger
1 t minced garlic
1/2 c cilantro
1/2 c peanut butter
2 T lime juice
1/4 c coconut oil
1/2 c soy sauce
2 T hot water
2 T sugar

Combine in a food processor. 

Slice and dice 4 cups of vegetables (cabbage, carrots, celery, peppers, kohlrabi, etc.)
1 small onion, diced
1-2 cups diced cooked chicken (optional)

Cook noodles; can use bean thread (2 pkgs) or wide rice noodles (about 1/2 pkg). Cool and rinse.

Mix sauce with vegetables and noodles. Garnish with 2-3 T fresh cilantro and 1/4 cup peanuts if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment